The Technical Manager is responsible for providing oversight of all technical related functions for the Mill. This includes continuous improvement, quality, and environmental management.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT US
Leadership and Organization Development
- Serve as a key member of the mill leadership team, providing insights, perspectives, and overall leadership critical to advancing the mill’s performance agenda.
- Provide leadership and development to process engineer.
- Serve as an extended member of operations leadership, including providing weekend duty coverage.
- Partner with leadership and customers as needed to support communications and development of solutions that support our growth strategies.
- Coordinate with the mill production teams, the Technical Sales Service and Product Development teams, as well as corporate resources.
Continuous Improvement and Performance Excellence
- Provide leadership and ownership of the mill’s productivity agenda, working closely with mill leadership to execute mill productivity initiatives; enlisting resources from vendors and mill forces as required.
- Manage technical tools and processes.
- Provide technical and process insights to operations, exploring technology advancements for both processes and products. Participate and lead (as appropriate) trial development and execution.
- The Technical Manager is the mill’s environmental leader. This includes permitting, monitoring, and reporting.
- Serve as primary liaison for corporate, local, state, and federal environmental agencies.
- Ownership of chemical inventory management.
- Ownership of quality standards and product specifications.
- Leading the investigation and response to customer complaints.
- Participate in providing technical service to our customers.
- Provide leadership at the local level to ensure compliance with all applicable product stewardship guidelines.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, with advanced degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Pulp and Paper strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of quality or technical related experience in the paper industry.
- Strong analytical background required; production experience a plus.
- Six Sigma and/or Root cause analysis training preferred. Lean manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience in Quality and Product Stewardship systems necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills to create, lead, and grow an outstanding technical talent pool. Participative engagement of employees in continuous improvement necessary.
- Performance Excellence experience a plus.