SUMMARY: The Environmental Manager is responsible for overseeing the environmental performance of a world class fully integrated linerboard facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide implementation of systems, policies, and procedures that ensure the mill achieves our environmental goals.
- Lead efforts to develop a compliance-minded environmental culture for all employees and contractors.
- Ensure that all appropriate regulatory documentation is maintained.
- Maintain working relationships with all appropriate regulatory agencies; facilitate regulatory agency inspections.
- Manage wastewater compliance requirements (NPDES permit), including:
- Monitoring wastewater treatment operations and compliance sampling
- Data analysis, record keeping, and reporting (DMR’s)
- Sludge management
- Manage air compliance requirements (Title V permit), including:
- Monitoring and reporting
- Record keeping
- Source testing
- Manage on-site industrial landfill.
- Ensure compliance with facility plans, including: LDAR, SPCC, SWPPP, and BMP.
- Supervise groundwater sampling and analyses, review analytical data, and coordinate report submittals.
- Manage waste handling, including: hazardous, universal, and non-hazardous waste streams.
- Maintain the Environmental Management System (EMS) to ISO 14001 certification requirements.
- Oversee business activities in your area, which includes supervision of an engineer.
- Ensure development of direct reports to prepare them for future advancement opportunities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering or a related discipline.
- Ten years or more applicable experience in a related field; pulp and paper experience a plus.
- Good analytical and project management skills.
- Good communication skills, including verbal, written & presentation.
- Good relationship and leadership skills, including ability to convey technical information to non-technical users clearly and concisely.
- Proficient use of standard engineering software and analysis tools.
- Highly organized, good attention to detail and uses efficient work methods.
- Ability to travel to US locations (travel <10%)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; vibrations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.