MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Supervisor drives improved equipment reliability by ensuring all installations/repairs are completed with quality workmanship and per best maintenance practices. The supervisor will assist with the development of solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations.
Initially the position will act as a piping lead while working to help develop, design, engineer and build new 220" paper machine. They will transition to day-to-day maintenance reporting activities, reporting to the mill maintenance manager.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ensures that proper safety practices are followed.
- Direct responsibility hourly Maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Planners to ensure that all preventive maintenance activities are scheduled and completed.
- Initiate work orders and actions to correct unsafe conditions.
- Attend daily maintenance planning and coordination meetings to help prioritize scheduled work and efficiently handle “break-in” work as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance and creative thinking during planning and coordination meetings to deliver the most cost-effective solutions to mechanical and instrumentation issues.
- Prioritizes work to be performed by the General Mechanics; consulting with Reliability/Planning Engineers on work to be contracted to outside services.
- Work with reliability group to ensure that downtime preventive maintenance programs or permanent mechanical equipment modifications are put in place to address the “root cause(s)” of downtime and quality issues.
- Schedule work assignments, vacations, and address other personnel issues for the Utilities Department maintenance personnel.
- Assist in development and execution of the Utilities Department “outage” planning strategy.
- Collaborate with Utilities Department operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
- Mentor and coach operations/maintenance personnel on the technical fundamentals as appropriate.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- 3 – 5 year’s maintenance experience in pulp/paper mill preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (Preventive and Predictive Maintenance) Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Skilled in utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines on a continuous basis.
- Skilled in Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to estimate man-hours and costs for maintenance work.
- Strong leader and team player and communicator.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Use of ladders and stairs in the mill environment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Managerial Courage
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Managing through Systems