Asst. Superintendent II - PM
MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Assistant Superintendent position reports directly to the Paper Machine Superintendent. This position will provide direct leadership and supervision for all aspects of the paper machine, including safety, acceptance, availability, engagement, equipment reliability, quality complaints, cost control, continuous improvement and strategy deployment.
The Assistant Superintendent will also be involved with maintenance, process improvements and machine changes. Though having no direct reports, the Assistant Superintendent will have a strong influential position and direct authority for decision making with respect to the machine in general, and the operation. This position will require being on-call some weekends and weeknights.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Solid Knowledge and understanding in all aspects of the paper making process.
- Exhibiting safety leadership, modeling safe behaviors, and encouraging safety engagement
- Demonstrated leadership focused on accountability and results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organization and follow up skills.
- Trustworthy / able to handle confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years paper mill leadership experience. Prior manufacturing experience in the production of coated paper/board greatly preferred.
- Clear record of safety / environmental leadership, commitment and results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to groups and individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong commitment to reliability, and to the use of Manufacturing Excellence tools/work systems to ensure sustainability of progress.
- Thorough knowledge of paper mill equipment and systems.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of relevant paper mill experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain change
- Demonstrated ability to engage a work force
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solver