Key responsibilities of the Paper Machine Leader/Superintendent position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cultivate a work environment centered around employee ownership and engagement.
- Lead the department to achieve a safety and environmental incident-free workplace identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality
- Manage and direct the work process for the paper machine and the shipping operations
- Develop and execute plans to eliminate production bottlenecks and to minimize total manufacturing cost
- Optimize and coordinate planning for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, and maintenance and capital projects
- Provide daily support and technical expertise to area operators and maintenance personnel
- Support Shift Operations Leader in Operator training and qualification processes
- Holds team accountable to meet the production and cost plan for the paper and shipping departments
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering/Technical discipline or a minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in a pulp or paper mill is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience in a Paper manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence).
- Experience communicating with all levels of the organization (i.e., via reports, e-mail, verbally, and/or in small/large group settings) in a team environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend duty as necessary to manage facility performance.
- This is a fast-paced, high impact opportunity requiring a motivated candidate ready to add value to the team.