Provide support and leadership to the operation of a one machine, Board mill to expand the capabilities of both the process and personnel in order to sustain best in class operating and cost performance.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT US:
- Actively promotes and models safety in all aspects of daily mill operations.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving operational issues.
- Provides shift supervision on a vacation relief basis.
- Identifies and executes process improvement projects aimed at increasing safety, quality, and productivity.
- Generates work instructions for development of the Compliant Pro training system.
- Coordinate production crew training.
- Assists in the planning and execution of scheduled outages.
- Participate in the operations call duty rotation.
- Assists in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Functional knowledge of the paper manufacturing process including recycle pulping, stock preparation, and paper machine operations.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Capability to develop and desire to promote to the Machine Superintendent role.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficiency in applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization, both hourly and salaried.
- Exercise independent and discretionary judgment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Paper Science and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the paper industry.
Prior supervisory experience in a Union environment.
- LSS (Six Sigma) Green Belt Certification
- Proficient in PI (Process Information System) or equivalent process database.
- Proficient in JDE or equivalent CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).