Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our Finishing operations. As the area owner, this role is responsible for the daily operations of our Finishing area, as well as to maximize the long-term value of Safety, Environmental, Production, and Cost. This role works closely with the Asset Availability Leader, Reliability Coordinator, and Maintenance operating team to prioritize work scheduling, is responsible for the department’s maintenance and capital plan, and for managing the timely completion of safety work orders. A successful candidate would be a strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to contribute to the improvement of the department and mill operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promote an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health, Safety and Process Safety
- Day to day optimization of the Finishing area by supporting process operations with troubleshooting & analysis of current systems to improve the effectiveness and overall operational efficiency by reducing operator interventions to control the process, reducing variation, and increasing the reliability of the equipment
- Working closely with the other process optimizer, Operating Teams, Logistics Department and Maintenance Staff to identify issues and develop improvement plans for Rewinder, Layboy, and Loading Processes
- Support development of the maintenance spend plan and capital plan for the area while providing technical support for maintenance planning and execution.
- Partner with corporate teams to implement new technologies that are consistent with company initiatives
- Ensuring appropriate training is available for area operations and working with equipment operators to create process work documents
- Reviewing the daily performance of Rewinder, Layboy, and Loading Processes to determine gaps (reject rate, production rate, loading rate)
- Reviewing customer complaints and developing a preliminary Root Cause response
- Visually inspecting Finishing Product Package Quality and individual Roll and Bale Quality in field and correct items on the spot when possible or follow-up as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering OR in lieu of a degree, leadership experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with converting or finishing equipment within a pulp or paper environment
- Experience with MS Office: Word (create documents), Excel (formulas/graphing data) and Outlook (email/ schedule meetings)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Experience using PTMS, PI, Process Explorer or PPIS Products.
- Previous experience developing action/ improvement plans to address operational gaps to help improve business results