Client is seeking a full-time HR Labor Relations Business Partner I for the plant. This person will report to the HR Director.
Under the direction of the HR Manager, this position acts as a strategic business partner to internal customers and their respective leadership teams in developing and implementing programs and initiatives that support and enable the organization's short and long range goals and objectives. Develops a consistent approach and process to implement HR programs and practices across Corporate Functions and/or Global Shared Services. Develops and uses both qualitative and quantitative analysis of data to assess business partner needs and external trends and develops recommendations and solutions. Position may manage or provide mentorship to team members.
- Works closely with site leaders to ensure that all policies and procedures are understood, communicated, and consistently administered with all employees.
- Recommend education solutions to improve awareness of Code of Conduct, policy and other employee relations related matters.
- Responsible for tracking grievances, investigating, and driving issues to resolution and working with the HR Director, HRBP’s and Operations on any changes to practices, processes or additional training needs identified through the grievance resolution.
- Analyze and evaluates employee relations trends and provides actionable feedback to the HR Director and operations partners.
- Partner with counsel to prepare for and when necessary attend mediations, arbitration, and other court proceedings as required.
- Assists with best practices content for monthly leadership roundtable discussions and other employee relations action plans.
- Provides timely investigation summaries and ensures closeout of all completed investigations. Keeps the HR Director up to date on pending investigations.
- Partners with HR Directors, HRBP’s to provide counsel and facilitate prompt and effective resolution of workplace conflict to address issues for employees and managers in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant Labor Relations experience
- 6-8 years of professional experience in HR or closely related field
- Demonstrated understanding of the requirement to thoroughly document and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, possibly conflicting priorities
- Strong communication and administrative skills
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills
- The ability to work well with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working. relationships and a positive work environment
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- SAP/Success Factors experience
- Project Management Certification
- People Change Management Certification
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Plant or Distribution Center
- Experience or familiarity with TPM Principles and operating in high-performance organization