The Senior Project Manager position is responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of an entire project through budgeting, hiring team members, vendor & suppliers and planning the project turnover. Will work closely with heads of other departments to achieve productivity goals, increase revenue, and contribute to the company’s overall success. As a key player in the management department, you will ensure that all assigned tasks are completed on a regular basis and that all company rules and regulations are enforced. Senior project managers work on larger or more complex projects. They work with multiple teams, each project manager of a team reporting directly to them. Senior PMs do not duplicate the work of project managers but provide a higher level and wider scope of management to projects and project teams as well as to the organization they belong. They have the authority to run projects on a day-to-day basis and delegate tasks to individual project managers.
Their duties include setting deadlines, providing feedback, and communicating with clients about the status of their project. Senior Project Managers must develop a Project Execution Plan to get a project completed, working across departments to ensure their needs and wants are included within the confines of the project and budgetary restrictions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Develop and implement project management programs which contain the details of a
- Establish realistic goals and implement action plans for achieving set objectives.
- Guide and direct project team members to ensure compliance with set standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Evaluate the progress of a project to detect limitations or faults in order to seek solutions to a more efficient process.
- Develop internal communication strategies useful in ensuring communication between various departments of an organization.
- Use specialized tools and techniques to delegate and ensure even distribution of tasks to project team members.
- Motivate team members to meet project goals by effectively carrying out their responsibilities.
- Oversee the selection of vendors / subcontractors.
- Manage every aspect of a project, including its planning, communication, risk assessment,
Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate-level candidates with more research and writing skills have an advantage. Employers look for the following:
At least five years related experience in project management, planning, and tracking.
Experience working in Construction industry.
Experience with and understanding of full project or product lifecycle.
Proficiency with project management tools and related technology.
Ability to demonstrate leadership, drive results, solve problems, and possess interpersonal skills from prior work situations.
Experience coaching and team building
Achieving balance of and the right priority from multiple simultaneous projects
Obtaining project management professional certification(s)Proficiency with process modelling software strongly preferred.
Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment.
Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and influencing skills especially with senior level executives. Strong work ethic
Proficiency with the following
MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, etc.)
Blueprint reading – ability to interpret and build accordingly.
Bluebeam Revu (preferred)
Taking and uploading digital photographs
Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
OHSA 10 or 30 Certification (required)